[jaws-uk] Re: Reading PDF documents

  • From: "Frank Thompson" <frank.thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 21:47:57 -0000

  _____

From: jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Barbara Wilson
Sent: 05 January 2010 20:36
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] Reading PDF documents

I know this has been covered before, but can't remember if there was a
solution. I'm trying to read a PDF document but all I get is the message
"Alert, empty page". PrintinHello Barbra

unfortunately i think your pdf documents are picture files and not ocr
scanned documents, and i think there is no way to convert them to text.

regards frankg this file out and scanning it isn't an option as it is 130
pages long and I have several others to read. So how can I read the text?

I'm using Windows XP and JAWS 11.

Many thanks.

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/barkingbabs

Barbara Wilson