[jaws-uk] Re: JFW 6.2 Help Needed.

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:42:12 +0100

Steve,

It shouldn't be this bad!  I've installed 6.20 recently with no problem at all.
 Can you give us some more info about what wentwrong with your installation?
I'd guess something got scrambled at this stage.  George's point about the
files being in a different area is quite true, but should be transparent unless
you're trying to manually insert files into the JAWS settings area.  Otherwise,
the operation of Config Manager etc. should be more or less unchanged.  For
instance, to adjust the rate of speech, you just need to go into the options
menu in JAWS, and choose the Voices option.  The only thing I can think of that
would stop these changes from being saved, is if you don't have write
permission on the files in the JAWS area, which would certainly give you
problems.

Since JAWS 6, there's a new facility to easily get to the areas where JAWS
stores files, this is in the start menu under programs->JAWS620->explore JAWS.
This will show you where things are being stored and if changes you make to the
files are being saved properly.

You probably need to have a good look through the info on What's new in JAWS on
the FS site.

Hope this helps,

Tim