[jaws-uk] Re: LARGE EXCEL CELLS

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:29:59 +0100

Hi,

I came across exactly the same problem yesterday.  Its worth switching into
edit mode by hitting f2 when you're focussing on the field you want to edit.
You can do some movement within the cell, especially with the left and right
arrow keys, bearing in mind that your cursor is placed at the end of the edit
field, but it doesn't work very well.  The only way I could find to achieve
this was to paste the whole cell into notepad.  I only got this far, because I
only needed to read the information, and didn't need to edit the information in
situ, but I'd guess you could then edit the info in Notepad, and then paste it
back into your excel cell.

Also for very simple spreadsheets such as where you've only got a couple of
columns, it might be worth trying to paste the whole spreadsheet into an enpty
Word document.  This should create a table, which, if it doesn't include too
many columns should be easier to edit.

Regards,

Tim Pennick