[jaws-uk] Re: JFW 6.2 Help Needed.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:59:44 +0100

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure what version you upgraded from, but there has
been a major shift in where JAWS configurations are now
stored.  These are now in the C:\Documents and
Settings\[User Name] folder structure.  (This is the same
location where you will find folders such as your own "My
Documents", "Favourites", "Desktop" etc..)

The reason for this is that many systems are used by two or
more family members, or in the case of schools and such
like, one PC may be shared by different students.  Each user
invariably has their own preferences.

I'll leave the seasoned experts to provide you with the tips
and tricks they employ, but just wanted to explain that
there is some degree of logic behind the change, albeit
confusing initially.

George.