[iyonix-support] Re: Setting 'Next' size

  • From: Harriet Bazley <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 01:47:48 +0100

On 5 May 2006 as I do recall,
          george wrote:

> Hi all
>
> First time I've used the new list :-o
>
> I'd like to configure the Next wimpslot to 9600K as it seems to make a
> considerable beneficial difference to filer operations, and would be
> grateful for the *command to do this.
>
> Is there any reason BTW why the default setting is 640K?

The main disadvantage of increasing your Next slot is that *every* new
task without its own !Run file (even bringing up a taskwindow to type
*Time when you've forgotten the date!) will claim that much memory by
default.   Fine, so long as you never have enough of them going on
simultaneously to run out of memory (yes, this has happened to me in the
past with 'forgotten' taskwindows...)   :-)

--
H. Bazley

     If you're feeling good, don't worry.  You'll get over it.