[iyonix-support] Re: Screen does not come up after booting

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:47:58 +0100

Hi

Stefan Bellon wrote:

Ok, I'll take the card out tomorrow once again although I paid very
much attention to correctly insert it ... after all the intention of
the whole operation was to correct some potential problems with pin
contact (as I suspected).

Ok, did the same again, paying even more attention to insert the card
as accurately as possible. Still, the same behaviour: When starting the
machine, CD-ROM LED flashes, then goes dark, floppy disc and hard disc
LEDs keep lighted up.

I get the feeling something is broken. The question is just: What? The
graphics card? The PSU? Perhaps the main board? Any way to find out?

with ref to the hdd light activity, and possible beep, does it start a) with no pci cards, b) with usb card only, c) with video card only?

John

Greetings,
Stefan

--