[iyonix-support] Re: Screen does not come up after booting

  • From: Stefan Bellon <sbellon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:53:07 +0200

John Ballance wrote:

> with ref to the hdd light activity, and possible beep, does it start
> a) with no pci cards, b) with usb card only, c) with video card only?

I now tried b) (i.e. without the video card, but with the USB card) and
what can I say, it boots fine this way (desktop starts, Pluto loads
eSpeak and says "zero articles expired" ;-) And pressing Ctrl-Shift-F12
shuts down the X100 and powers it off.

Is this already the proof that the video card is gone or should I
nevertheless try your other combinations a) and c) as well? If not
necessary I'd like to avoid it ... for obvious reasons. ;-)

Greetings,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bellon