[iyonix-support] Re: Printing with old kit

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:32:18 +0100

On 26 Mar 2007 Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to persuade CJE to sell me a new printer too but drivers as ever
> were an issue so they kindly sold me the USB connector which I have
> attached to my ancient but still functional BJC 7100.
>
> The printer is recognised as in no PDF

You should have a couple of Canon BJC-7000 PDF inside !PrintDefs
(!Boot.Resources), which will probably be ok.

> so I copied across the one from  the Risc PC . It complained it needed
> PDumperC6 which having found I  deposited same inside appropriate folder in
> !Printers . Alas not 32 bit  compatible. Introduced to Aemulor in case that
> would help and  even clicked on it before trying to reinstall the PDF but
> alas no joy .

You can't use 26bit modules with 32bit applications. You may be able to run
the entire 26bit !Printers from the Risc PC under Aemulor. But I don't
recommend this, get the 32bit one working.

> I have tried one or two likely looking other PDF in the Canon folder and
> I can print but it seems to come out as if on A5 paper ie rather samller
> than intended .

Check what paper size is being used, if necessary create a new one with the
same dimensions as you are using on the Risc PC.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx