[iyonix-support] Re: Printing with old kit

  • From: Ewen Pring <ewen.pring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:10:13 +0100

In message <Marcel-1.53-0329082853-0b0pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
sent on 29 Mar
          Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed 28 Mar, Ian A Dunn wrote:
>>
>> Doug Webb wrote:
>> > Ian,
>> >
>> > This is what you need to do.
>> >
>> > Download the BJC700 driver from the Castle site at:

>> Thanks everyone

>> the Castle drvier appears to be working well
>
> IIRC the Castle driver doesn't support 'text' printing I believe ours does.
> 'text' as in directly from !Edit
>
> Chris Evans

I have an old BJC7100 in store so was interested in this thread in
case I need to use it as a backup printer.

I have followed the instructions about the Castle BJC7000 driver on
their website, resaved it out from PrintEdit, and installed the
driver. The configure section of !Printers has the text printing
options section available (not greyed out) which suggests it will
work.

Ian can you perhaps confirm if text printing works, before I take the
old printer out of store, as I would need this facility?

Many thanks

--
Ewen Pring, St. Albans, Herts
using Iyonix,  RISC OS 5