[iyonix-support] Re: Printing with old kit

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:43:20 +0100

In message <4608091E.6010203@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> The printer is recognised as in no PDF so I copied across the one from
> the Risc PC . It complained it needed PDumperC6 which having found I
> deposited same inside appropriate folder in !Printers . Alas not 32 bit
> compatible . Tried a Google search with PDumperC6 as the term but nil
> returns . Had a quick look on Paul Vigay's site , the module lsit but
> again no help sadly . Introduced to Aemulor in case that would help and
> even clicked on it before trying to reinstall the PDF but alas no joy .

The PDumperC6 was part of a purchased product and is not 32bit AFAIR.

> I have tried one or two likely looking other PDF in the Canon folder and
> I can print but it seems to come out as if on A5 paper ie rather samller
> than intended .

[snip]

I think you need to use the BJC-7000 PDF which is in the supplied
!PrintDefs application. As I recall in the ROL supplied printer defs
there was a BJC7100 but it was a modification of another PDf that
didn't work right.

If you want high quality printing, if a little slowly, then GutenPrint
is your best option.

http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/gutenprint.html

I have a old BJC7100 somewhere so if I get time I might try it on my
Iyonix.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.