[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:07:08 +0200

In article <Marcel-1.53-0410122858-1cbpErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the problem reoccurs:
> Try a factory standard !Boot and load only essential software adding
> back in as slowly as you can other software. Keeping copies of
> upgraded $.!Boot as you go.

That could only realistically be done if things got as bad as they were,
with interruptions twice an hour or more. But I'm really hoping the
ISP's fix will hold... :-)

> The hardware option would be to fit a PCI network card

Maybe if I was certain it was a hardware problem. As long as no
connection is interrupted unexpectedly (and in exactly the right - i.e.
wrong - moment), networking is working faultlessly with the built in
interface.

Regards,
Frank