[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:25:26 +0100

On 09/04/2012 08:35, Peter van der Vos wrote:

Op 9 apr 2012, om 08:31 heeft Frank de Bruijn het volgende geschreven:

In article <4F820B25.1010703@xxxxxxxxxx>,
  John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What you describe implies a low level routine that has no realistic
timeout. I guess the obvious question to ask is whether you are on the
latest version of the OS, and whether this would occur on an earlier
version.

I am currently on 5.18. When it started I was still using 5.16.

Also is there anything you can do locally that can emulate this isp
link failure ..

Apparently not. I have tried pulling network cables during transfers
and switching the router off, but the higher level application will just
notice the connection has been lost or time out without the interface
locking up.

That's not good enough. This way the hardware in the Iyonix notice the link is gone. You should pull the cable going into the router.

or at least the other side of a hub.. pulling the cable at the iyonix kills the ethernet connectivity, which is seen. Pulling the cable beyond the 'other end' of the iyonix cable leaves the iyonix interface 'up' and thus active.

John

Stop press! Just announced - Price Promise

Broadband from £2.99/month, no tie in

# The Utility Warehouse Price Promise means you can benefit from: The UK's cheapest Home Phone
# The UK's cheapest Home Phone and Broadband bundle
# The UK's cheapest Mobile tariffs
# The UK's cheapest standard Gas and Electricity

Or they will give you back Double the Difference!

Charges, terms and conditions apply. For full details of
the Utility Warehouse Price Promise see http://www.ucallusave.co.uk
<http://www.ucallusave.co.uk>

Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923