[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:11:32 +0100

Frank

Intuitively it doesn't sound like power supply problems, but given the experience of others, it is worth a check. A power supply that is beginning to fail can affect the networking side of things. The original power supplies, on a digital multimeter, would show 5.06v +/- 0.02v on the 5v rail. ANYTHING less than 5.00v indicates the PSU is definitely no longer operating correctly. I have even seen a PSU that indicates around 4.9v on the 5v rail giving 4.3v on the 3.3v rail.. I was surprised that the mobo continued to work!

Additionally, If you *audio off .. do you still see the problem? (the audio off is not persistent through a reboot)

John

Stop press! Just announced - Price Promise

Broadband from £2.99/month, no tie in

# The Utility Warehouse Price Promise means you can benefit from: The UK's cheapest Home Phone
# The UK's cheapest Home Phone and Broadband bundle
# The UK's cheapest Mobile tariffs
# The UK's cheapest standard Gas and Electricity

Or they will give you back Double the Difference!

Charges, terms and conditions apply. For full details of
the Utility Warehouse Price Promise see http://www.ucallusave.co.uk
<http://www.ucallusave.co.uk>

Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

On 09/04/2012 10:09, charles wrote:
In article<527da1e3b4iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>, Frank de Bruijn
<iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
In article<527da02058charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, charles
    <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
In article<527d9f788biyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>, Frank de Bruijn
    <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
In article<C333427F-93C9-4E98-84E3-672CB69829D1@xxxxxxx>, Peter van
    der Vos<peterthuis@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
Op 9 apr 2012, om 08:31 heeft Frank de Bruijn het volgende
geschreven:
Also is there anything you can do locally that can emulate this
isp link failure ..
Apparently not. I have tried pulling network cables during
transfers and switching the router off, but the higher level
application will just notice the connection has been lost or time
out without the interface locking up.
That's not good enough. This way the hardware in the Iyonix notice
the link is gone. You should pull the cable going into the router.
Actually, that's what I did.
and have you yet checked the power supply?
Believe me, this is not a power supply issue.
How do you know without checking?

It's not the original power supply anyway.
and, so?  Don't other ones go wrong?