[iyonix-support] Re: Date problem in new year

  • From: Weiss Niklaus - official <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:43:29 +0100

In message <4B3DC5FA.40102@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alan Adams wrote:
>> My Iyonix keeps starting up in 2012 instead of 2010. As a result I've
>> lost email from every folder with an expiry date.
>>
>> Each time, I set the date back to 2010, and after each reboot it's
>> 2012 again.

> IIRC The realtime clock only stores years 0-3, and the OS has to keep
> track of the base date in CMOS and add the RTC year on.If your CMOS
> battery is no longer holding charge (mine doesn't if disconnected from
> the mains), it would reset back to the base date programmed in to the
> ROM. I'd have expected that to be 2008 rather than 2012, so this might
> not be it at all. However check the rest of the CMOS settings as being
> maintained rather than defaulting.

I have the same problem too! My Iyonix with RISC OS 5.11: After every
new boot-up there is the year 2012 instead of 2010 in the date!
However, my Acorn RISC PC shows everytime the correct date.

From now on I set the Iyonix clock to the year 2012 after each boot,
as there is no proper solution yet for this problem.

Greetings from Switzerland: Niklaus
--
Weiss Niklaus, Sagistrasse 20, CH-6300 Zug, Switzerland
Electronic repairs - RISC OS software development