[iyonix-support] Re: Date problem in new year

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:37:48 +0000 (GMT)

In article <29448ad250.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip Iyonix 2012 not 2010]

> Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes. Stupid effing computers. Already a day wasted this christmas getting
win XP to see an IPCamera and another gone trying to coax iTunes to
recognise a network share. I expect this with win XP (!) but at least my
temporary fix to RISC OS time has only taken a few minutes!

Soft load of RISC OS 5.15 here and masses of other stuff including
Organiser 2.00, not that that's at fault. Something in the OS methinks.

Perhaps there's a programmer who can't count.  ;-)

An interesting effect is with Transient. "Today's" directory is called
20120101 but the iconbar icon caption is 20100101 as I ran Freetime to
overcome this bug. Naughty program!

For a moment there, I thought that the Olympics were just a handful of
months away!

I am removing Organiser and anything which triggers Pluto or uses the
date from my boot sequence for the time being, and adding Freetime at the
top of 'Run at Startup' applications.

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com