[iyonix-support] Re: Date problem in new year

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:23:49 GMT

In message <50d2c1b96dchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <29448ad250.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm using Organizer 1.57i to set the time, in case that makes a
>> difference.

>> I was softloading 5.14. I've switched back to 5.12. Both have the
>> problem.

> I normally have my machine running 24/7, as it has been for some
> time. My clock is currently correct since I haven't rebooted. I am
> now wondering what I can do to limit the effect the next time the
> machine is reset.

I'd suggest first trying the suggestions about adding nettime to the
internet startup, which seems to fix the problem very early. (I'll be
testing it in a few minutes.)

Then temporarily (until a fix is available) remove anything from run
at startup, tasks, predesk or wherever, which processes things based
on dates.

So far, Organizer, which will trigger two years of alarms,
email software, which will expire messages and news postings
tempdir, and wastebasket apps in general

Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nckc.org.uk/