[iyonix-support] Re: CompactFlash as hard disc replacement

  • From: Tank <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:42:40 +0100

In message <4fc1d217b7tim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <48824166.6090307@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Thomas
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Has anyone had any luck replacing or supplementing the Iyonix HDD with
>> a CompactFlash storage device plugged in via IDE?

>> I've got an adaptor here and have tried two separate 4GB CF cards, of
>> different makes, both without success. In both cases I get "Disc error
>> 23 at :6/00000C00".

> RISC OS can't handle read/write access to disc images > 2GB.

> Try with a smaller device.

Yes, I've replaced the hard drive in my second Iyo with a 4GB CF card,
formated first, copy the hard drive onto it and then used as the boot
drive, removing the original HDD completely. Mine plugs directly into
the IDE connector on the main board with a FDD PSU connector on.
I've also done the same with a Kinetic RPC without problems.

Tank
--
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Iyonix PC