[iyonix-support] Re: CompactFlash as hard disc replacement

  • From: David Thomas <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:35:03 +0100

Chris Evans wrote:

We have a varity of IDE to Compact Flash adaptors (single, dual, cable
mounting, m/b mounting and 44pin versions) I'm not sure we've tried them on
an Iyonix but we've not heard of any problems on other RISC OS computers and
wouldn't expect any on the Iyonix.

There is no 2GB limit as they present themselves to the IDE bus just like an
IDE Hard.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to purchase another CF to IDE adaptor in case the current one is faulty.

Regards,
Dave

--
David Thomas  dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.davespace.co.uk/