[iyonix-support] Re: CompactFlash as hard disc replacement

  • From: "C.N.L. France." <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:06:05 +0000 (GMT)

Jul 21, 2008 03:35:16 PM, iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There is no 2GB limit as they present themselves to the IDE bus just like an
> IDE Hard.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to purchase another CF to IDE
adaptor in case the current one is faulty.

Hi Dave,

My CF read/write on the Iyonix is via slots built into the floppy drive. I realise that this is a USB source since the icons become 'overwritten' when an external multicard reader is plugged into the usual USB socket.
I didn't know that cf2ide devices existed until I saw this thread.
How do you intend to access the CF card? Is it your intention to be able to replace CF's or will you be leaving the kit inside the case?
I note the apparent redundant space above the floppy drive.

BW

Chris F

--- To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support Other info via //www.freelists.org/webpage/iyonix-support