[iyonix-support] Max external USB disc size

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:33:04 +0100

Is the Iyonix limited to the size of external USB drive it can access?

My dad has just bought an external USB drive of 250GB. I just formatted it
for him, using !SCSIForm, which correctly read the disc size and
parameters, initialising the drive fine.

On dismounting and re-mounting it appears on the iconbar with 233GB
available space.

All appears to work ok. Is this likely to cause problems later? Should I
have formatted it to a smaller size? I know internal drives have a 128GB
limit (if you want DMA) but I wasn't sure about external USB ones....?