[iyonix-support] Re: Booting problems

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:57:00 +0200

In message <rZ2igRA5SgWEpwHf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Thanks John for that - Problem now sorted.
>
> I have another problem that I hope someone can help with:
> I am using an Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer through a USB to Parallel
> I/F, and although I can print !Writer+ and !Draw documents OK, if I try
> to print from !Fireworkz32 I usually get the message: "Print failed
> (Print cancelled)". Since all my work files are in Fireworkz, I need to
> be able to print. Can any one shed some light on this for me?

To ensure that USB isn't making any trouble redirect your output
to a file. Afterwards direct the output to USB again an drag
the printout files on the printer.

If this works but not the direct printing it might be that
Fireworkz tries to control the printer directly and fails however.
Perhaps the printer connection settings must be set to
"print in background". If the way described above fails also
there is something general wrong with the settings.

The channel back to the computer is such a thing with the Stylus
Photo 700. I got a broken one free of charge from a collegue
and repaired it. I played around with it to program a parallel port
connection back to the computer but however without any success until
now. The printer supports a "modern" parallel port protocol
but perhaps the USB/Parallel I/F can't cope with this mode properly
and emulates wrong states on USB side which confuses Fireworkz.

The printer also provides a "high end" serial interface.
In case that you are finding out that the USB/Parallel interface is
the problem you can perhaps use this connection even I would exspect
that the serial cable is more expensive than another interface ...

Regards

Thomas Milius