[iyonix-support] Re: formatting a usb storage device

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:42:47 +0100

In article <5ab3f7214e.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A friend has given me a 40GB drive that can be plugged into the usb port.
> It is recognised by the Iyonix but returns "the disc drive is empty"
> message when clicking on the drive icon ( :4) that appears on the
> iconbar.

Is it already formatted? If so, to what format. I occasionally get this
kind of error if I try accessing an Apple Mac format disc.

Generally, PC formatted discs should be automatically recognised by the
Iyonix.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

51 things to do in a lift....
 51. Put 2 naked women in the lift and see what peoples reactions are when they
enter the lift.