[iyonix-support] Re: formatting a usb storage device

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 10:44:30 +0100

In article <77af2a224e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Should they? I was under the impression that there was a 2GB limit
> imposed on DOS formatted discs due to the DOSFS image file limitation,
> so a 40GB device can only work with RISC OS format.

I must admit, disc sizes and capacities have always confused me as the
whole things seems to be a bit of a minefield. I've an external 80GB PC
formatted USB2 drive which appears to work fine on the Iyonix (and allowed
me to save a 36MB file on it), whereas I've another drive which looks
pretty much the same and didn't work at all - which I subsequently
formatted to RISC OS format and now both work fine, both 80GB.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.