[iyonix-support] Re: Booting problems

  • From: John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 21:35:46 +0100

In message <Marcel-1.53-0503150533-72bpErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have a customer who is locked out from his Iyonix:-(
> After being repaired at Castle.
>
> The computer now powers up and hour glasses saying:
>
> ...setupnet
> contacting dhcp server for intel pro/1000 interface.
>
> The customer doesn=91t have a network!
> It doesn=91t time out (left for 20+ mins.)
>
> Also a power on Shift doesn=91t stop !Boot from running,

I've never got it to work either. Try holding down (or continually
pressing and releasing in rapid succession) escape key.

This should give a non !Boot Boot (if you get me). You should then be
able to get to !Boot and disable the Network stuff

> any ideas?
>
> n.b. Castle support aren=91t available this afternoon, so any help grateful=
> ly
> received.

I guess this may be a bit late though now !

--
John Crane, Iyonix RISC OS User