[iyonix-support] Re: 5.14 and ImageMaster/DPlngScan and a 5M JPEG

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:51:58 +0100
On 30 Apr 2009, Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote:
> I had soft-loaded 5.14 into my Iyonix which I had to use as VARPC would
> not handle a 5M JPEG which DPlngScan converted to a Sprite of 41 M or
> so, probably busting the 28M limit on VARPC.
>
> Anyhow on the Iyonix I could load the JPEG file OK though somewhat
> slowly, then tried to rotate it through 90%.  This took well over an
> hour, grinding along very slowly, but did complete OK.  Then I tried to
> save the file and ended up with the Iyonix completely crashing.
>
> The Iyo restarted in 5.13, loaded the JPEG at the expected fast speed,
> it then rotated it pretty close to greased-lightning and saved it with
> no trouble at all.
>
> My suspicion is that there is something unhappy between 5.14 and
> DPlngScan.

Although rotating jpegs (at 90 degree intervals) with DPingScan may be
a good test of whether anything peculiar has happened in RIO 5.14, it
is far faster to rotate jpegs (at 90 degree intervals) in !Variations,
where it also does not re-jpeg the file (and thus does not lose
quality, which happens when rotating in DPingScan).

--

Cheers
Roger

Atomic Software   http://atomicsoftware.org.uk/