[iyonix-support] Re: 5.14 and ImageMaster/DPlngScan and a 5M JPEG

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:15:36 +0100

On 5 May at 17:51, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip> of my meanderings>

> Although rotating jpegs (at 90 degree intervals) with DPingScan may be
> a good test of whether anything peculiar has happened in RIO 5.14, it
> is far faster to rotate jpegs (at 90 degree intervals) in !Variations,
> where it also does not re-jpeg the file (and thus does not lose
> quality, which happens when rotating in DPingScan).

Many thanks for that, I had not realised that Variations could do that.

(In fact the loss of clarity in DPlngScan was welcome as I was trying to
get a photo down to a manageable size for a web page.)

I'll try Variations out to do this as a check to see what happens in
RISC OS 5.15.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/