[iyonix-support] 5.14 and ImageMaster/DPlngScan and a 5M JPEG

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:09:55 +0100

I had soft-loaded 5.14 into my Iyonix which I had to use as VARPC would
not handle a 5M JPEG which DPlngScan converted to a Sprite of 41 M or
so, probably busting the 28M limit on VARPC.

Anyhow on the Iyonix I could load the JPEG file OK though somewhat
slowly, then tried to rotate it through 90%.  This took well over an
hour, grinding along very slowly, but did complete OK.  Then I tried to
save the file and ended up with the Iyonix completely crashing.

The Iyo restarted in 5.13, loaded the JPEG at the expected fast speed,
it then rotated it pretty close to greased-lightning and saved it with
no trouble at all.

My suspicion is that there is something unhappy between 5.14 and
DPlngScan.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/