[isapros] Re: MSDE Ram Rule of Thumb

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:16:40 -0700

Yes, other than the last post Jim sent out.  Apparently there is an issue
where sometimes MSDN does NOT give it back. But then again, we don't know if
the OS is even asking for it back.  The KB doesn't really go into *why* it
happens (it could be the way ISA is asking for memory for that matter) but
it does specify how to limit the memory.

But that just adds (I assume) to Amy's frustration as even in the presence
of an article that identifies an issue with MSDE memory and how to limit it
there is no direction or indication of exactly what to limit it _to_ and
under what circumstances.  The last bit about "Note The optimum physical
memory allocation for SQL Server may vary for your system" seems to be some
what of a cop-out.

On 5/22/06 10:47 AM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to
all: