[isapros] Re: MSDE Ram Rule of Thumb

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:50:51 -0700

"play nice with others" is a misnomer.
As I replied to Tom, apps are generally unaware of each other's existence
except where they have code specifically written to address this question.
The only reason SBS-default apps appear cooperative is that the SBS team has
tweaked them that way.
Rather than trying to adjust MSDE for ISA load, it should be throttled for the
max memory you want to allocate to the system.
Since this is a variable, we'll need to figure some sort of algorithm for it
based on the SBS installation.

   Jim Harrison
   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/