RE: Split DNS Questions...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:01:55 -0400

Sounds like we can put it almost into the category of the black-list
method of spam control.  However, we have to account for idiots using
these techniques to get our mail through...

I finally managed to sit down and go through the steps this morning on
creating a Split DNS, and discovered that we already had one...  I
hadn't thought of ours as being one before, for some reason I was
thinking there was more to it.  If we can resolve the same hostname to
two different IP addresses depending on where you're querying from, I
guess we have one.

So, at this point, I'm stuck with fighting with the ISP to get our
records updated correctly, or setting up our own "public" DNS server
(and then fight to get the ISP to make it the authoritative one)...