RE: Split DNS Questions...

  • From: "David Haam" <DavidH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:47:11 -0700

For the error you're seeing, the issue is the REVERSE LOOKUP for the IP
addresses in question.

You can have both of your ISPs put in reverse lookup entries for the 2 IPs of
"mail.mapsnet.org" to address your problem.

The reverse lookup and the forward lookup are really completely de-coupled.

If you're going to be trying to do a DNS round-robin for the forward lookup of
"mail.mapsnet.org" to the 2 IP addresses, you only need one MX record and have
the 2 A records for the same name going to the 2 IP addresses. Alternately, you
can have the 2 IP's set up to different FQDNs and have each be an MX record.