RE: Problem with outbound connection to secure site

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:01:58 -0600

Hi Bill,

Are they using an alternate port for SSL? Try bypassing the Web Proxy
service by using Direct Access to see if it's a problem with the Java
app.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder

From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:50:40 -0600

Hi Bill,

Turn on all fields in the Web Proxy log

Go to the sites in question

Check the Web Proxy logs for Rule#1 and Rule#2 to determine the rules
blocking the requests

Remember that ISA Server can't see what's in the SSL tunnel, so if
you're blocking subdirs or content, then the entire site will be
whacked.

HTH,