Problem with outbound connection to secure site

  • From: "Mayo, Bill" <bemayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:12:40 -0500

We have some staff that need to connect to a web site that requires a login
(html form).  They are able to login successfully, but then when they click
on another link, they are thrown back to the authentication page.  We are
using web proxy in the browser and also have the firewall client loaded for
winsock proxy.  I have been able to verify that if the ISA Server is
bypassed, the site works fine.  Going through ISA Server on the same
computer results in a failure.  I have captured the relevant log entries on
the ISA Server, but I am unable to determine the problem from there.  I am
getting some result codes of 12209, but they are all logged as "anonymous",
and casual observation of the log shows this type of entry on several SSL
sites (I am not aware of any problems beyond this site).  I also have some
995 return codes, but I am unable to find what this specific code means.
Tech support for the site was of no assistance ("It works for everybody
else.").  Can anyone advise of things to try or what the 995 codes might
mean?

Bill Mayo
Network Administrator
Pitt County MIS