Authentication

  • From: "Phil Curtis" <philwcurtisjr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:13:39 -0600

Thanks Phillip Horn for your help

I was wondering if I am using digest authentication if I have the others
selected.  My understanding is if you select all it will use the one that
both the sender and receiver can use.  The scenarios I have tested is:

basic alone --- passed
digest alone --- failed
integrated alone --- passed
client certificate --- failed

basic & anything --- passed
integrated & anything --- passed

digest & client certificate --- failed

What also makes me think that when you select more then one it defaults to
the working one (being basic or integrated) the prompt looks the same for
either basic or integrated.  When I just select digest by itself it will
give me a drop down arrow, for integrated it will have
user/password/domain and will not work for netscape, and for basic it will
just be user/password.

I want to test all authentications to see if our software can work with
it.

Has anyone seen digest work by itself?

Thanks All

Phil