RE: Authentication

  • From: "Nathan Casey" <NCASEY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:28:24 -0700

this will work for one of my web sites, but for another I need to allow access
to only specific users. the user have SQL accounts on the SQL server and they
need to use these accounts when they log on to the web site.

>>> josephk@xxxxxxxxx 6/24/2004 12:57:01 AM >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Nathan,

What you need to do on the web server.
On the NIC that is on the web server make sure that you allow for hosts
files to be used.
The reason I do this is because my web server in the DMZ is not located
in any domain and
I want to create an odbc driver that points to my SQL machine behind my
second ISA box.

Then you need to create a user on the web machine i.e.  WEBPERSON and
for each web that
You allow access to change the default security and user to the
WEBPERSON name that you
Created on the web machine.  That will allow you to use a trusted
connection from the
Web site to the backend sql box.

On the SQL machine behind your ISA box, create the same local user
WEBPERSON with the
Same password that you had on the web machine. Assign that person as a
user to the
SQL box.  If the users only need web access create a read only view on
the data and
Present that to the users from the web page.

This set up will allow you to have external web users read the web page
and
Having it populate data from your SQL machine.

If you need some additional written instructions, I could put some
together for you
And have them posted maybe out on ISASERVER.ORG

Thank you,

Joseph