Authentication

  • From: "Phil Curtis" <philwcurtisjr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:11:55 -0600

This is probably a silly question to most but hey I just don't know...

My test bed.  Window 2000 Server Domain Controller Sp2 with two firewall
clients.  Window NT workstation 4.0 sp 6 and Windows 98 SE.  My firewall
clients are on my private network.

When using Digest Authentication w/o "Ask unauthenticated users for
identification" checked.  I am not prompted for user id on "Outgoing Web
Requests" and I can access the web going through my proxy.  Once I check
"Ask unauthenticated users for identification" and prompted for user ID I
enter in administrator id and password, but it won't give me access.  It
works fine with Basic and Intergrated.  For Digest Authentication I do
have a domain controller on the local proxy.  I don't understand why I am
not getting access.

Do I have to have "Ask unauthenticated users for identification" checked
to use Digest/Basic/Intergrated authen.?  Or can I just check those alone
and be authenticated.  I don't think I am every asked for user
authentication w/o "Ask unauthenticated users for identification" checked.

Phil

Thanks