Authentication

  • From: "Bob Garrison" <bgarrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:16:24 -0500

Hello, can someone help me understand authentication.  I am running the
firewall client which sees the ISA server fine, the ISA IP is entered in as
the default gateway in the network settings.  We are running a Microsoft
network with a W2K domain controller.  When requesting authentication where
is ISA requesting the username and password from ? local accounts? accounts
on the domain controller?  The ISA is part of the W2K domain but when I
request authentication and enter my network username and password, it fails.
I have a valid local account on the ISA and within the domain. Any advise?

Thanks

Bob Garrison, CCNA
Jefferson County Library
Central Services