[PCB_FORUM] thermal flash for a slot padstack

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:06:58 -0600

Hey guys,

Ok, I'm trying to create a thermal flash symbol for a slot.

I'm in a drawing with the symbol Type set to "Flash".

I go Add -> Flash, and in the Thermal Pad Symbol Defaults window, It
appears that I can only add the thermal shapes for a circle.

Is there any way to automatically create the shapes for a slotted
thermal?

I believe I can create two thermals for circles, then merge them to
create a slotted thermal. Is that the only way?

Thanks for any help!

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Fort Collins, Colorado