[PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal flash for a slot padstack

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:52:28 -0600

Hey Jim,

Wow, that's a lot to create a thermal flash!

I solved my flash creation for now, I was just wondering if the
automatic way worked for a slot.

What I did was to create two circular thermal shapes (in a "Flash"
drawing, Add -> Flash):

Then I deleted the two inner shapes and merged the two shapes on each
side to get this:

Maybe Add -> Flash will someday work for slots automatically.

Thanks for your reply!

Gary

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer