[PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal flash for a slot padstack

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:38:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gary,
I used the "make thermal" SKILL routine (mkth) and added a circle thermal.
I removed the top/bottom etch shapes, and added some rectangle shapes
top/bottom I can generate a "slotted" thermal flash in a matter or
minutes. I might not be "blonde" perfect, but I'd use it if I needed to.

Good day.
Mitch
> Hey guys,
>

> Ok, I'm trying to create a thermal flash symbol for a slot.
>

> I'm in a drawing with the symbol Type set to "Flash".
>

> I go Add -> Flash, and in the Thermal Pad Symbol Defaults window, It
> appears
> that I can only add the thermal shapes for a circle.
>

> Is there any way to automatically create the shapes for a slotted thermal?
>

> I believe I can create two thermals for circles, then merge them to create
> slotted thermal. Is that the only way?
>

> Thanks for any help!
>

> Gary E. MacIndoe
> PCB Design Engineer
> Fort Collins, Colorado
>
> amd.com
>
> gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx

Stay ahead of the information curve.
Receive PCB news and jobs on your desktop daily.
Subscribe today to the PCB CafeNews newsletter.
[ http://www10.pcbcafe.com/nl/newsletter_subscribe.php ]
It's informative and essential.
This message was sent to you from a machine at 129.46.21.121