[PCB_FORUM] Re: how do YOU handle component spacing rules?

  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:18:29 -0700

Hi Ed,

Personally, I like the idea of DFA checks but my angle is in the third
dimension. I'd like to be able to set up not only the types you've
outlined, but rules for minimum spacing based on package height. Our CM
needs more space between a 200mil high connector and an 0603 cap than
two 0603 caps side by side.

Any thoughts on creating rule sets based on height?

Thanks,

Andrew