[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 6

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:45:58 +1300

yeah I didn't like the old dnd stuff so never really played it but the engine is so versatile, right now I am testing well helping allan with testing and other stuff mostly testing of the startrek map. To be able to have a startrek fan drama is cool but to have something simular to elete force 2 where you at some point take over the story and you become part of it really rocks, it makes me feel yung again.

At 03:30 AM 2/6/2013, you wrote:
Ian, this is really awesome!  I didn't expect it would be this big.
There's so much that can be done with this.  Just one thing I noticed
that hasn't been reported yet, when you choose an item to use, you
can't cancel, if you press escape you return to the use items menu and
if you press escape again you are still in the mode where you have to
use the item by pressing enter on a target.  The only thing you can do
is choose and use a different item instead, there doesn't seem to be a
way to cancel since escape just swaps between the menu of items and
the use mode.  I initially also thought there were no custom slots
since it isn't documented but then I went through the files to check
it out and I saw the equip_slots in the hero unit file.  But you might
want to include it as a unit flag in the user guide.  Alan, check the
map file, you'll see the ogre's team is set to 2 in there.
I won that map on my third try, but in my defense I didn't read the
user guide until after I won it, I just went straight to it after
downloading, so I spent the first game figuring out what's going on
and how items work (I couldn't understand why I couldn't use the
longbow at first but then I discovered the equipment menu).  Anyway,
grate job.  This is going to add so much more to the game!