[huskerlug] Re: Mepis vs SuSE

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:00:35 -0500

    It is too bad that someone didn't make apt-get a little more
reliable for SuSE.  As I said, I don't think there hasn't been a time I
haven't had a major problem with any SuSE distro. I'm beginning to think
if Novell didn't fire a lot of people working for SuSE (though they
weren't that huge) Novell may have transferred some of the workers to
other sections.  Some things about 9.3 are probably better than 9.0, but
I have a feeling there might be some rough edges about it.  Anyway, I at
least was a big of fanatic about SuSE as others were about Red Hat.
    Since apt-get/synaptic is the main update tool for Debian distros, I
think they have taken much more caution of what programs will work with
what, and I was able to back out of the one program that didn't seem to
work well on Mephis, so it looks like a stable, useful system to
me--with a lot of multi-media support.   ---Jim