[huskerlug] Re: Mepis vs SuSE

  • From: Jerry Kreps <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:28:39 -0500

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 09:51, Jim Worrest wrote:
> the official SuSE doesn't have a full set of Media programs.

Even worse, they have a set of nested dependencies that make installing codecs
and dvd navigation software next to impossible without blowing up the whole
distro.  That's why I left SUSE, but it's one reason why SUSE will be popular
on corporate desktops.  That and Novells eDirectory, etc....

I agree with you 100% about MEPIS.   Synaptics is the best application
management tool I've ever used on a Linux distro.
JLK