[huskerlug] Re: Mepis vs SuSE

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:58:52 -0500

I have tried installing Kanotix on my hard-drive, and it didn't do as
well as Mepis in ease. It was not easy to add Realplayer to it. Mepis
just came across a more polished distro.  With that said, I've always
liked Kanotix as a Live-CD, and I hope they don't go the route Knoppix
and do the live DVD, it would take me too long to download! Being
completely Open-Source is not the biggest selling point to me. Adobe
Acrobat isn't, though the Linux equivalent is probably a good enough
substitute now, that I may not even gripe about that. ---Jim