[homeclinic] Re: Homeclinic'ers, Here's Your DRSNews!

  • From: KinerA@xxxxxxx
  • To: homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:02:17 EST

If you put too much detergent in a front loading clothes washer, a bit of
fabric softener will bring the extra suds right down.
Don't know if this would work in a dishwasher.

In a message dated 11/11/2005 10:19:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
drs@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

3) Ever  used hand-washing detergent in your dishwasher by
mistake? Didn't do it a  second time, right? <grin>

(I once had a situation where a dear  elderly soul filled her
dishwasher's rinse aid dispenser with Dawn®  detergent, and
it took me two trips and two cleanups to realize  it!)

The quantity of soapsuds produced by just a tiny amount of hand
wash detergent is amazing! Even leaving some behind when
pre-cleaning  dishes can cause suds problems when the machine's
run.

To clear  that tubful of foam, first grab the ol' Wet-vac and vacuum
out the worst of  it. Then start the dishwasher, let it fill with
water, open the door, and  drop in a tablespoon of vegetable oil and
a small handful of Ivory® soap  shavings that you've gotten from
running a bar of Ivory across a cheese  grater, and let the machine
wash for a few minutes. This may have to  repeated, but it's a fast

View the Archives at //freelists.org/archives/homeclinic