[haiku] Re: pthreads on BeOS (was: Haiku's SMP)

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:25:54 +0100

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:16:09 +1100, David McPaul wrote
>> http://beos.mlotz.ch/libunixport.zip
>
> Excellent, thank you.  I had to remove realpath as it was missing fchdir.

Yeah, that's easily possible. It was built on BONE that probably had that or I
never actually really tested it.

> I was able to build the 3ivx 5.03 sources (encoder/decoder) with this
> library.  I will have to do some testing on it to see how it goes
> (fingers crossed).

Sounds promising at least.

> Are you willing to give permission to distribute this library with
> the 3ivx BeOS release? I think I would also need Jerome and Axels
> permission as well.

Well the sources that come from Haiku are MIT anyway, so there's no problem
including them. Everything I added can be used under MIT as well. So you just
have to check with the Be Sample Code licensed parts. Generally I think it
shouldn't be a problem.

The easiest should be if you build a static library from it and then link it
into the encoder/decoder directly. That way you don't have to provide a
separate library.

> Understand that 3ivx is not OpenSource.

Then you're lucky that we're not using GPL ;-)

Regards
Michael