[haiku] Re: pthreads on BeOS (was: Haiku's SMP)

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:16:09 +1100

2008/11/18 Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:38:23 +1100, David McPaul wrote
>> I am not asking for a haiku developer to do this for me.  But if
>> anyone thinks they can do it.  Then contact me and maybe we can come
>> to an arrangement.
>
> I've cobbled together a pthread implementation for BeOS some years back. It's
> based on the Haiku implementation from then written by Jerome and Axel mostly,
> some BeOS sample code and some additions and porting by me. It also includes
> realpath, as that's something I've often stumbled upon. Called it libunixport
> back then and it should easily be usable as a shared or static library. I
> honestly have no idea anymore if it compiles and/or works at all and much of
> the implementation will just return "unsupported". But maybe it's enough for
> what you need or at least a starting point for someone else to update/complete
> it if desired. I guess it's MIT/Be Sample Code licensed and can be found here:
> http://beos.mlotz.ch/libunixport.zip

Excellent, thank you.  I had to remove realpath as it was missing fchdir.

I was able to build the 3ivx 5.03 sources (encoder/decoder) with this
library.  I will have to do some testing on it to see how it goes
(fingers crossed).

Are you willing to give permission to distribute this library with the
3ivx BeOS release?
I think I would also need Jerome and Axels permission as well.

Understand that 3ivx is not OpenSource.

--
Cheers
David