[openbeos] Wonderbrush/Other R5 apps under Haiku

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:28:15 +0000

Hi all,

Though I don't use BeOS very much any more I still test out Haiku fairly
regularly on a real partition thanks to Philipp Schmid's images. I saw stippi
had some shots of haiku running wonderbrush a while ago on the appserver list.

When I try to run wb under haiku, along with most other GUI apps, an error
appears in terminal about failing to link to some font function
(get_font_and_style perhaps, not 100% sure) and a message box appears about
this not yet being implemented.

I thought it was a little weird as I'd seen the wb screenshots so I thought I'd
mention it - is this just one of those "not yet done" bits or is it something
perhaps caused by Philipp's images being built under linux?

By the way, Haiku is certainly getting interesting - recent months have seen
huge strides in stability and speed - well done everyone!

Simon

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software