[openbeos] Re: Wonderbrush/Other R5 apps under Haiku

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:40:47 +0100

On 2006-01-28 at 11:51:17 [+0100], Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 2006-01-28 at 01:24:19 [+0100], Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > As I realized when starting to do this, one of the __BEOS__ macros already
> > had been replaced by USE_EGCS_MANGLED_NAMES. So I wonder whether replacing
> > the second __BEOS__ by the same macro would be appropriate here. What
> > confuses me a bit is that USE_EGCS_MANGLED_NAMES is defined in xm-beos.h,
> > which I figured to be a BeOS as host include file (the comment at the top
> > of
> > the file suggests that, too). Shouldn't it rather be defined in
> > i386/beos-elf.h?
>
> Yes, I think it should. I will follow your suggestion and define a
> TARGET_BEOS macro and replace USE_EGCS_MANGLED_NAMES with it, since it makes
> our intention clearer (aka the BeOS-target needs this).

I have checked in a change that should hopefully fix the cross compiler, but
I haven't been able to test it properly: I can create the cross compiler
successfully, but whenever I try to use it to build haiku on LINUX (SuSE 10),
i586-pc-beos-ld fails with a segmentation fault when it tries to link
storage_kit.o. Has anyone else seen that problem before?

As the cross compiler isn't tested, I'd be very grateful if someone else
could check it out and tell me if my change indeed fixes things...

cheers,
        Oliver